RTI expert Barry Blumenfeld will be presenting at the Safe Opioid Prescribing and Pain Management program on July 27. This program is being offered for medical providers who prescribe opioids and interested medical practice staff.
Presentation topics include:
- An overview of best practices in pain management and the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- An algorithm-based approach to treating and managing chronic pain
- Tools to help identify appropriate non-opioid therapies
- Resources for use when inheriting patients on opioid therapy
- Resources for patient education
- An overview of best practices in the use of electronic health records to manage chronic pain and patients on opioids
- Opportunities to dialogue with experts and other providers
Attendance is free, but seating is limited. Register today: https://conta.cc/31jYa1E
This event is sponsored by Comagine Health and the UNM Health Extension Rural Offices Translating Research Into Localities (HERO TRaILs) through funding from the New Mexico Department of Health.