Research and Practice for Inclusive Early Childhood Development
Prioritizing Early Childhood Development
The Center for Thriving Children is committed to building a world in which all children are healthy, well-nourished, and raised in a stable, loving, and safe environment that gives them the opportunity to grow, learn, and thrive.
RTI International recognizes early childhood as a critical window of opportunity to support caregivers, families, communities, and societies to establish strong foundations for future generations. RTI’s Center for Thriving Children brings together researchers and practitioners from diverse fields and disciplines to advance healthy development and wellbeing for all young children. Guided by the Nurturing Care framework, which is centered on ensuring good health and nutrition, responsive caregiving, safety and security, and opportunities for early learning, we collaborate across sectors to help build strong beginnings for all children.
The RTI Center for Thriving Children:
- Convenes experts from around the world to advance research, policy, and practice of integrated early childhood development
- Disseminates research and learning across a diverse community in the areas of early learning, nutrition, maternal and child health, child protection, and responsive caregiving
- Partners with national and sub-national governments so that research informs policymaking, and so that services for all children—including those with disabilities—and their families can be provided sustainably at scale
- Collaborates with local partners to promote locally-led research, policy and practice
- Respects cultural variation and integrates diverse perspectives on childhood and Nurturing Care