Delivering science-based solutions and technical services to improve lives around the world
As both a global research institute and a leading international development organization, RTI combines our project implementation and technical expertise with those of our partners to co-create smart, shared solutions for a more prosperous, equitable, and resilient world.
For over 35 years, we have collaborated with clients and partners in the Philippines to advance sustainable, multi-sectoral solutions for the most difficult development challenges. In all that we do, we strive for transformative change built on equity and inclusion.
Our experience and recent project implementation include:
Education in the Philippines
- Through the ABC+: Advancing Basic Education project, we work with government and private sector partners to improve learning outcomes for children in the early grades.
- Led development of the Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA), a tool for measuring reading performance in the early grades. EGRAs have been conducted in at least 75 countries, including the Philippines, and 120 languages; many of these can be found on USAID’s Early Grade Reading Barometer.
- Early champion of using data for decision making in education. See our resources related to the Philippines.
Energy in the Philippines
- Through the USAID Energy Secure Philippines Project, we work in partnership with local governments, utilities, and the private sector to enhance energy security through transparent, market-driven, and resilient energy sector. The project’s goal is to mobilize at least $750 million of private investments into the energy sector and facilitate an additional capacity of at least 500 megawatts.
- Developed low emission alternatives and increased economic resilience and the resiliency of the power sector.
Environment and Water Resilience in the Philippines
- Improving the natural resource governance of biodiversity, oceans, and landscapes through USAID’s Sustainable Interventions for Biodiversity, Oceans, and Landscapes (SIBOL) Activity.
- Partnering with two key regional organizations to promote sustainable fisheries and conserve marine biodiversity.
Governance and Economic Development in the Philippines
- Building capacity for innovation-led economic growth through the STRIDE—Science, Technology, Research and Innovation for Development program by increasing research opportunities at Philippine universities, training graduates in science and technology, and linking universities with high-growth industries.
Health in the Philippines
- Leader in strengthening and improving access to critical health services for Filipino families through the ReachHealth and LuzonHealth programs.
- Helping country partners prevent and control neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), through the ENVISION and Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases| East programs.
- Empowered youth leaders to combat noncommunicable diseases in Southeast Asia
- Leveraged the value of electronic health records and mobile health technologies to improve health care for rural populations
Learn more about our global reach.
Select Recent Project Experience
|USAID Improving Learning Outcomes for Asia (ILOA)||USAID||2022–2027|
|Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases | East||USAID||2018–2026|
|Energy Secure Philippines||USAID||2020–2025|
|Philippines Sustainable Interventions for Biodiversity, Oceans, and Landscapes (SIBOL) Activity||USAID||2020–2025|
|ABC+: Advancing Basic Education||USAID||2019–2024|
|Family Planning / Maternal & Neonatal Health Innovations and Capacity Building Platform (ReachHealth)||USAID||2018–2024|
|The Asia Support Services for Local Solutions IDIQ||USAID||2015–2022|
|Science, Technology, Research and Innovation for Development (STRIDE)||USAID||2013–2022|
|Global Adult Tobacco Survey||U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention||2007–2021|
|Rapid Data Collection on Non-Communicable Diseases in Developing Countries, CDC Foundation||U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention||2016–2021|
|Building Low Emission Alternatives to Develop Economic Resilience and Sustainability (B-LEADERS)||USAID||2014–2019|
|Power Sharing, Political Goods Provision, and Post-Conflict Stability in the Philippines||Gettysburg College||2016–2019|
|Integrated Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition/Family Planning Regional Projects in Luzon (LuzonHealth)||USAID||2013–2018|
|Mindanao Regional Integrated Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health/Family Planning (HealthGov2)||USAID||2013–2017|
|Data for Educational Programming in Asia and Middle East||USAID||2011–2016|
|Wireless Access for Health||Qualcomm Incorporated||2009–2015|