Delivering science-based solutions and technical services to improve lives around the world
RTI International has provided technical assistance, institutional strengthening, program support, and research in the Asia region for over 50 years. In partnership with in-country institutions and the private sector, we lead and support efforts to improve:
- education quality and outcomes
- energy access and equity
- food security, agriculture, and nutrition
- water resilience
- youth economic opportunities
- global health interventions, services and systems
We maintain four offices in the region—our Asia Regional Office in Jakarta, an office in Beijing, an office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and our wholly owned subsidiary, RTI International India, in New Delhi. This regional presence enables us to respond rapidly to client needs, build and maintain local partnerships, and identify public-private partnerships for sustainable development.
Energy in Papua New Guinea
RTI leads the USAID-funded Papua New Guinea Electrification Partnership (PEP) activity, working with partners to increase electricity access to 70% of households by 2030 through 350,000 new connections. Select project activities include
- Supporting PNG Power Limited (PPL) to become a modernized and financially sustainable utility able to meet the country’s growing demand for electricity
- Scaling up off-grid by moving the nascent mini-grid sector to market-based development
- Supporting PNG’s regulator in building the requisite skills to enable private sector investment
- Mobilizing private capital to drive inclusive economic growth. PEP will strive to significantly contribute to the goal of 70% household electrification by 2030 by delivering 350,000 new connections.