Move builds capacity, aligns staff and resources, and bolsters service offerings for clients and partners
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. — RTI International, a nonprofit research institute, announces the redesign of its largest business unit to align with client needs and accelerate growth. This realignment enables growth of staff, impact, stature, and financial strength and advances innovation and client-focused solutions in the domestic public sector.
“We have experienced outstanding growth and created positive impact over the past few years,” said Amy Roussel, RTI executive vice president, social, statistical and environmental sciences (SSES). “This client-centric move enables us to create even bolder solutions for RTI’s valued clients, to collaborate with our partners more effectively, and to further support our excellent staff in developing their careers.”
The key areas detailed below comprise SSES experts, researchers and staff collaborating in similar fields, who are focused on client needs, project execution, innovation, staff development and thought leadership:
- Analytics, led by Senior Vice President Dana Hancock
- Utilizes statistical, biostatistical and data science methods to answer research questions, discover relationships, predict unknown outcomes and automate decisions.
- Business Operations, led by Senior Vice President Laura Dunlap
- Leverages business development, marketing, communications, quality, administrative operations, and strategy execution.
- Communication, led by Senior Vice President Lauren McCormack
- Offers client research, design, delivery and evaluation of communication messages, programs, campaigns, materials and interventions.
- Data, led by Senior Vice President Lisa Thalji
- Produces data and tabulations for official statistics and for answering clients’ research questions.
- Education, led by Senior Vice President Angela Quick
- Provides clients with expertise in education research and practice to inform policy and improve access and opportunities for learners of all ages.
- Environment, led by Senior Vice President Becky Nicholson
- Offers client research and technical services in engineering, environmental sciences, climate analytics and economics.
- Equity, led by Vice President Stephanie Hawkins
- RTI’s Transformative Research Unit for Equity (TRUE) applies science in service of equity and social justice.
- Health, led by Senior Vice President Anupa Bir
- Conducts client research and science related to the health of individuals and communities, and the systems that provide health care and health care policy.
- Justice, led by Senior Vice President Duren Banks
- Provides clients with expertise in research, quality assurance, standards development and testing, technical assistance and knowledge translation for more just, safe and resilient communities.
- Technology, led by Senior Vice President David White
- Provides clients with software and services for the entire data ecosystem, including issues of access, storage, management, integration, security and governance.
SSES includes more than 3,000 staff members who provide thought leadership, contribute to public discourse and deliver evidence for policy making in support of RTI’s mission to improve the human condition.