As both a global research institute and a leading international development organization, RTI combines our project implementation and technical expertise with those of our partners to co-create smart, shared solutions for a more prosperous, equitable, and resilient world.
For over 25 years, we have collaborated with clients and partners in Tanzania to advance sustainable, multi-sectoral solutions for the most difficult development challenges. In all that we do, we strive for transformative change built on equity and inclusion.
Our experience and recent project implementation include:
Education in Tanzania
- The Jifunze Uelewe Activity is working to advance safe and inclusive education in Tanzania, scale up pre-primary education, and build Tanzania’s capacity to sustain these gains over the long term.
Energy in Africa
- The Power Africa Off-Grid Program and the Power Africa East Africa Energy Program are improving energy access to millions of households and businesses in Africa, including in Tanzania.
Environment in Tanzania
- The USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity is helping conserve Tanzania’s critical biodiversity, enhance habitat connectivity, and support community livelihoods.
Health in Tanzania
- Through the Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases| East programs, we empower governments of endemic countries to lead national NTD control programs and scale up the delivery of preventive chemotherapy for the seven most common NTDs.
- Under the Okoa Maisha Dhibiti Malaria (OMDM)—Save Lives, End Malaria project, we worked to promote programmatic integration, local ownership, capacity strengthening, and maximize data for decision-making to reduce the overall burden of malaria and move Tanzania closer to elimination.
- The Global Adult Tobacco Survey is standardizing surveillance and monitoring processes to measure worldwide tobacco use.
Select Recent Project Experience
|USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili||USAID||2021–2026|
|Jifunze Uelewe Activity ("Learn and Understand")||USAID||2021–2025|
|Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases | East||USAID||2018–2023|
|Learning at Scale||Center for Global Development/ Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
|USAID Okoa Maisha Dhibiti Malaria (OMDM)—Save Lives, End Malaria||USAID||2018–2022|
|Landscape Conservation in Western Tanzania Project||Jane Goodall Institute / USAID||2018–2023|
|Health Policy Plus (HP+)||Palladium Group /USAID||2015–2022|
|Power Africa Off-Grid Program||USAID||2018–2022|
|Optimizing place of treatment and antibiotic regimens for young infants||World Health Organization||2020–2022|
|Arithmetic and Inclusive Education (AIE) Activity||USAID||2019–2021|
|Promoting Tanzania’s Environment, Conservation and Tourism (PROTECT)||USAID||2015–2020|
|Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS)||CDC Foundation||2008–2017|
|Tanzania Vector Control Scale-Up Program (TVSC)||USAID||2010–2016|