Joint Research Institutes and Consortia
Developing and furthering joint research through collaboration
Academic institutions partner with us because of our shared commitment to scientific rigor and to advancing the state of science and scholarship.
Through joint research institutes, consortia, and a range of R&D partnerships, we are able to leverage resources and deliver results on projects across our many practice areas. Together with our extensive network of research partners, we lead and support work on behalf of public- and private-sector funders, translating research and innovation to practical application.
We are an active member of several research consortia and jointly operated institutes, including
- Consortium for Implementation Science
- Funds Launch Alliances for Early Exploration Program (FLARE)
- Game-changing Research Incentive Program (GRIP)
- Institute for Homeland Security Solutions
- National Consortium for Data Science
- NextGen Air Transportation Consortium
- North Carolina Atmospheric Chemistry Consortium
- North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute
- Research Triangle Energy Consortium
- RTI-UNC Evidence-Based Practice Center
- Triangle Global Health Consortium
- UNC Serves
- The Measure of Everyday Life
We maintain close and diverse collaborations with our founding universities—North Carolina State University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Duke University—as well as North Carolina Central University.
Beyond the Triangle and the State of North Carolina, we also partner with premier institutions across the United States and around the world. We collaborate on international development projects with universities in China and Southeast Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East.