RTI International adds experts to provide teachers, principals and schools with research-based services
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – RTI International has created a new education services team, adding six experts who will provide one-on-one coaching and support to teachers, principals and policy makers.
The team will provide educators with research-based services and skills to help all students succeed.
The educators have served in schools across the country as teachers and principals, and at the district and state levels as policy makers, and have a proven record for improving the educational outcomes of students.
“We are excited to welcome a diverse team of educators who will work directly with teachers and leaders in schools where learning takes place,” said Kimberly O’Malley, Ph.D., vice president of education and workforce development at RTI. “They bring fresh perspectives, innovative ideas, and new capabilities to our education work.”
Specifically the new team will:
- Support teachers in implementing state standards by co-creating lesson and unit plans, designing engaging student learning activities, and drafting curriculum
- Facilitate learning workshops for teachers, principals, school board members, and other leaders on topics such as project-based learning, college and career readiness, and organizational evaluation
- Consult to districts and educational institutions on key strategies for improving student outcomes that align with their priorities and budget
Angela Quick, Ed.D., will lead the group. She has served in a variety of educational roles, from biology teacher to North Carolina State’s deputy chief academic officer.
“I’m excited about the opportunities my joining RTI provides to greatly improve our education system,” Quick said. “All educators—teachers, principals, superintendents—must have access to high quality research. In my new role, I can now provide them with that research evidence and hands on implementation, as a combination vital to success.”
To learn more about RTI’s work in education, visit the education and workforce development page.
- The team will provide educators with research-based services and skills to help all students succeed
- The educators have served in schools across the country as teachers and principals, and at the district and state levels as policy makers, and have a proven record for improving the educational outcomes of students