New Book Provides Toxicology Questions, Answers
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. — A new book, Referenced Review Questions in Toxicology, Second Edition, provides questions and answers on a wide variety of toxicology topics including forensics, clinical toxicology, environmental, sports medicine and industrial hygiene.
The book was written by Robert M. White, Sr., Ph.D., a senior research forensic scientist at RTI International. White has more than 30 years experience in toxicology. He has extensive experience in risk management, legal consulting, and federal inspections. He also has more than 35 years in clinical diagnostics, primarily clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics.
The book's wide breadth is taken from a broad spectrum of literature references as well as in large part from the author's experience in a variety of the many subdivisions of toxicology.
The book is intended for practicing clinical and forensic toxicologists to assist in the evaluation of their current knowledge in a wide variety of toxicological topics. Conversely, for individuals who practice toxicology and industrial hygiene, the book is designed to create an interest in the employment-related, pure forensic, and clinical aspects of toxicology—the basic science of poisons.
The book is divided into three sections:
- Questions—Categorized, beginning with "The Basics"
- Answers—As derived from the references, with an explanation as to why a particular answer is correct
- References—Provided as the basis for the answers and to encourage the reader to review the references to expand his/her knowledge or current area of expertise.
The book is the second in the series. The first book, 500 Reference Questions in Toxicology, was published in 2002.
Referenced Review Questions in Toxicology, Second Edition was published by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry, Inc., and can be purchased on their website.
- A new book addresses questions and provides answers to a wide range of toxicology topics
- Referenced Review Questions in Toxicology, Second Edition was written by Robert M. White, Sr., Ph.D., a senior research forensic scientist at RTI International
- The book includes discussion of forensics, clinical toxicology, environmental, sports medicine and industrial hygiene