Research Health Informaticist
- PhD, Medical Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MBA, Technical Management, University of Phoenix
- BS, Emergency Medicine, American College of Prehospital Medicine
- BS, Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BS, Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Robert Furberg, MBA, PhD, is helping RTI discover ways to improve health care delivery through the use of emerging technologies, including mobile devices and sensors. He has more than a decade of experience leading innovative research and development teams of creative staff, engineers, and behavioral scientists.
Dr. Furberg has conducted numerous studies for the National Institutes of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on mobile interventions to support health promotion, primary and secondary disease prevention, and treatment adherence across a variety of patient populations.
His current work explores how the growth of consumer wearable devices and self-tracking can be used by researchers and clinicians to support individualized prevention and disease management strategies.