Program Director, Urban Management and Markets
- Ph.D., Economic Development, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- M.S., Urban Policy Analysis and Management, New School for Social Research
- M.S., Business Administration, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- B.Sc., Economics (Honors degree), Presidency College, University of Calcutta
- Higher Secondary Certificate, St. Xavier’s College.
Peter Vaz is a senior governance and public finance specialist with more than 20 years of international development and program management experience. He provides technical and administrative guidance and directs experts in public financial management, urban management and services (including gender equity and inclusion concerns), fiscal decentralization, infrastructure financing and business-enabling government reform.
As a former project director for RTI in Africa for 13 years, he managed USAID projects in South Africa focused on urban and local governance development and women’s empowerment and oversaw governance programming in Zimbabwe. His country experience includes the Democratic Republic of Congo, El Salvador, Indonesia, and Nigeria. He has authored articles, written reports, and contributed book chapters on decentralization and service delivery.