RTI International, in partnership with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Oxford University’s Centre for Educational Assessment (OUCEA), will host a launch event for the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) 2021 Mathematics Framework. The public event, held October 14 at 10:00am ET, will convene at Somerville College in Oxford, UK and will be live streamed globally.
The mathematics framework was developed by RTI International global mathematics experts over the past 18 months and will define the theoretical underpinnings of the future PISA mathematics assessment. PISA is an international assessment conducted by the OECD that assess what 15-year-olds need to know and to be prepared for the future. The panel will discuss PISA in 2021, mathematics education in a global economy, and the importance of developing frameworks to guide assessments in the context of mathematics. Panel participants include:
- Andreas Schleicher, OECD, Director for Education and Skills
- Jason Hill, RTI International, Senior Research Analyst (moderator)
- Jenni Ingram, University of Oxford, Associate Professor of Mathematics Education
- Laurie Miles, SAS Software, Senior Director
- Lucy Dasgupta, John Mason School, Strategic Leader for Mathematics and Director of Teaching and Learning
Introduction and closure remarks by Therese N. Hopfenbeck, Professor of Educational Assessment, Oxford University Centre for Educational Assessment.
Register to attend in person here.