Implementing Integrated and Inclusive Nurturing Care in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
701 13th St. NW
Washington, DC 20005
RTI International recently launched the Center for Thriving Children, a cross-sectoral initiative dedicated to building strong foundations for children around the world. Applying insights from across disciplines including nutrition, public health, education, developmental psychology, and more, the Center will advance inclusive, integrated early childhood development research and practice to help children build strong beginnings.
To commemorate the center launch, the Center for Thriving Children will host a panel discussion entitled, “Implementing Integrated and Inclusive Nurturing Care in Low- and Middle-Income Countries,” featuring a diverse panel of Early Childhood Development (ECD) experts. Panelists will discuss the challenges and opportunities of working on integrated, inclusive Nurturing Care-based programs in Cambodia and Rwanda as well as for Ukrainian refugees in Poland. A representative from USAID's Children in Adversity Office will offer insights on the U.S. government's approach to supporting ECD.
Opening remarks by Paul Weisenfeld, Executive Vice President, International Development
- Katherine King, Director, RTI Center for Thriving Children (Moderator)
- Monika Wozniak, Technical Lead on Ukraine response, Fundacja Rozwoju Dzieci (FRD), Poland
- Immaculee Kayitare, Early Childhood Development Advisor, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Rwanda
- Channy Check, Disability and Social Inclusion Specialist, RTI International, Cambodia
- Jamie Gow, Children in Adversity Team Lead & Sr. Technical Advisor, Children, Youth & Families Office, DDI Inclusive Development Hub, USAID (Discussant)
Closing remarks by Maureen Black, Distinguished Fellow, Early Childhood Development
Watch the event recording