Propelling Research: Academic Partnerships at RTI
Developing and furthering joint research through collaboration
Through our partnerships with academic institutions—including joint research consortia, programs, and R&D partnerships—we funnel energy into discovery, collaboration, and innovation. Together, we pursue a shared commitment to advancing the state of science and scholarship.
Through these relationships, we are able to leverage resources and deliver project results across our many practice areas. Our extensive network of research partners empowers us to lead and support work on behalf of public- and private-sector clients, translating research and innovation to practical application.
We are an active member of several research consortia, jointly operated institutes, and other collaborative endeavors, including
- Consortium for Implementation Science
- Funds Launch Alliances for Early Exploration Program (FLARE)
- Game-changing Research Incentive Program (GRIP)
- National Consortium for Data Science
- NextGen Air Transportation Consortium
- North Carolina Atmospheric Chemistry Consortium
- North Carolina Governor’s HBCU Internship Program
- North Carolina Precision Health Collaborative
- North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute
- Research Triangle Energy Consortium
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- RTI-UNC Evidence-Based Practice Center
- Triangle Global Health Consortium
- UNC Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)
- UNC Serves
- The Measure of Everyday Life
We maintain close and diverse collaborations with our historic universities—North Carolina State University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina Central University, and Duke University—as well as North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University and the University of North Carolina System.
Beyond the Triangle and the State of North Carolina, we partner with premier institutions across the United States and around the world. We collaborate on international development projects with universities in China and Southeast Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East.