2018 College on Problems of Drug Dependence Annual Meeting
More than a dozen RTI researchers will be presenting during The College on Problems of Drug Dependence’s annual meeting.
The event, being held June 9-14 in San Diego, provides a forum for scientists to gain a better understanding of the molecular-neurobiological aspects of addiction and to work to develop new ways of addressing addiction.
F. Ivy Carroll, RTI’s Distinguished Fellow for Medicinal Chemistry, will speak on the synthesis of fentanyl during one of the conference’s symposiums.
Other RTI posters and presentations include:
- Efforts to prevent people from starting to inject drugs,
- Opioid use among women who binge drink,
- Heroin injection behavior and HIV transmission,
- Pediatrician-initiated screening for treating 10 to 13 year olds,
- Sex trafficking, HIV, and drug use, and
- Using chronic disease models to study drug use epidemics.
To partner with us in eradicating this epidemic, contact Gary Zarkin, Distinguished Fellow, Behavioral Health and Criminal Justice, at email@example.com.