Educating Girls and Women
Our research helps create equal education opportunities that enable girls and women by promoting gender-inclusive programming and safe learning environments for girls to remain in or return to school.
- Improved reading skills in three local languages of primary-grade learners in Uganda
- Ensured retention in early grades through prevention of school-related and gender-based violence
- Strengthened early-grade reading and mathematics instruction, learning materials, and instructional approaches in Egypt
- Developed cost-effective national assessments for reading and mathematics as well as monitoring and reporting systems
- Adapted an age-appropriate intervention to prevent HIV among substance-using young women who have dropped out of school, and provided these women with local education resources