Valuing New Technologies
To determine the potential costs and benefits of a new technology or standard, a complex combination of methodologies is available and must be considered to discern the specific economic impacts to adopters and other affected individuals or organizations. As such, we are adept at weighing the most appropriate methodologies available based on the desired type of analysis and study result, as well as the availability of the necessary information.
- Characterizing new and defender technologies
- Modeling and valuing technical benefits from changes in productivity and service quality
- Characterizing technology markets
- Forecasting market penetration using diffusion and adoption models
- Estimating development and adoption costs
- Calculating measures of economic return: benefit-cost ratios, net present value, and private and social rates of return