As a leader in science and technology, RTI International is committed to using our scientific knowledge, technical expertise, and business acumen to be a leader and a role model for implementing sustainability practices and ensuring environmental responsibility. To ensure we live up to this commitment, we are taking steps to reduce our environmental impact and use of natural resources.
Sustainability is simply the right thing to do—economically and socially—and it is being integrated into our operations and business practices. Our sustainability efforts involve identifying where we need to be more efficient, developing strategies for reductions and savings, and educating and involving RTI staff in our efforts. We are implementing forward-looking sustainability and environmental stewardship practices in the following areas:
- We will explore and implement cost-effective, scientific-based ways to minimize our use of natural resources and reduce our impact on the environment.
- We will implement permanent monitoring and public reporting of our resource use.
- We will invest in state-of-the-art research to advance scientific knowledge and technology concerning the environment and sustainability.
- We will adopt and promote our environmental sustainability commitment in our research and business projects, decision making, and operational practices.
- We will clearly and transparently communicate our environmental and sustainability policies and practices to staff members, clients, regulators, vendors, other stakeholders, and the public.
- We will provide environmental sustainability training and information to staff members, emphasizing the impact that we can make in promoting sustainability in the workplace, in our homes, and in our communities.
RTI’s mission is to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. By putting what we know about environmental sustainability into practice—not only for our clients, but for ourselves—we honor that mission.