Information and Communication Technology
For more than two decades, RTI has helped developing countries use information and communication technology (ICT) to achieve development results. International standards, open-source software, and mobile phone technologies have become powerful tools in a global movement toward scalable low-cost systems that are locally led, owned, and sustained.
RTI's experienced multidisciplinary team helps local partners to develop their own innovative ICT solutions to challenges in health, education, governance, economic growth, agriculture, and the environment.
Our technical expertise, broad international experience, and attention to local context helps our partners develop demand-driven, scalable, and sustainable solutions within existing national frameworks. RTI's experience with public-private partnerships can help countries to leverage multiple resources. Our sound approach to monitoring and evaluating results provides information critical to measuring and communicating outcomes and impacts.
While promoting adoption and integration of ICT where appropriate, we pay attention to the long-term impacts of technology on the local environment and are active in efforts to reduce eWaste and improve the environmental friendliness of ICT in initiatives.
- Strengthening local leadership, capacity, and ownership
- Leveraging technical innovation
- Developing ICT strategy and policy
- Providing useful information to decision makers
- Increasing transparency and accountability
- Improving teaching and learning
- Sharing information and managing knowledge
- Catalyzing public-private partnerships
- Monitoring, evaluating, and communicating performance
Tangerine® is a first-of-its-kind software application developed by RTI that is optimized for data collection on tablets... Read more »