RTI Fellow Program
The highest scientific honor and responsibility we bestow on our researchers is the designation of RTI Fellow. As an alternative to a career in research management, the RTI Fellow Program provides advancement opportunities in all areas of science, research, technology, and policy analysis.
The program fosters scientific originality and innovation. In this way, RTI Fellows not only influence the future of RTI but also enhance the impact of our research on society. Fellows serve as leaders, influencing our scientific direction and business strategies, and represent RTI and their respective fields within the scientific and policy community.
Designed to recognize and integrate the best technical and scientific talent into our business strategy, the RTI Fellow Program provides professional opportunities for individuals with both potential for and demonstrated scientific achievement. Appointment is only for researchers who are committed to scientific accomplishment and leadership in support of our mission to improve the human condition.
Identifying and Selecting RTI Fellows
The RTI Fellow Program has three levels: Fellow, Senior Fellow, and Distinguished Fellow. The Fellow position provides opportunities for high-potential individuals to enter the RTI Fellow Program for the purpose of enhancing their scientific stature. The Senior Fellow appointment is for highly talented individuals who have demonstrated substantial scientific achievement and leadership. The Distinguished Fellow appointment is for exceptionally talented individuals whose internationally recognized scientific accomplishments have had a significant impact on RTI and society.
Candidates must demonstrate a record of substantial scientific achievement, such as
- Discovering or developing new technical knowledge and scientific methods
- Leading and participating in successful collaborative research efforts
- Contributing to scientific literature, meetings, and conferences
- Receiving recognition from peers and colleagues as an expert
- Mentoring other scientists
- Providing leadership in scientific, technical, and professional societies
- Consulting with government, industry, and scientific colleagues at their request
- Receiving awards and recognition from peers for their contributions
- Building a nationally and internationally renowned reputation in their area of expertise.
Becoming an RTI Fellow
The following information will help you decide whether the RTI Fellow Program fits your personal career goals.
Publicity and Recognition
Designation as an RTI Fellow is an honor and will be recognized as such, internally and externally.