RTI International was established in 1958 as the nonprofit Research Triangle Institute, the founding tenant of North Carolina's Research Triangle Park. RTI was founded as part of a larger effort to harness the intellectual capital of the area's three major universities -- North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina, and Duke University.
- One of the world's leading research institutes
- Mission: to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice
- President and CEO: E. Wayne Holden, PhD
- 3,700 employees worldwide; 2,200 employees in Research Triangle Park
- Headquartered on 180-acre campus in Research Triangle Park, NC
- Eight US offices and ten international offices, as well as ongoing projects in more than 75 countries