Invoice Instructions and Terms and Conditions
Important information for our suppliers about invoicing, payment or purchase orders
For information about invoicing RTI and receiving payment on purchase orders, subcontracts, subawards, subgrants, or consultant agreements, review our Supplier Invoice/Payment Instructions.
Master Service Agreement
RTI takes a Master Service Agreement (MSA) approach where appropriate. Terms and conditions of the Subcontract MSA largely mirror those currently included in our standalone subcontracts.
Our Commercial MSA is issued in instances where we expect repeat engagement with suppliers and are purchasing commercial items or services not linked to federal projects.
Purchase Orders are subject to all the terms and conditions set forth in an agreement, as listed. The current version of our Terms & Conditions is effective for all purchase orders issued on or after February 11, 2016.:
- RTI Purchase Order Terms & Conditions (v 1.13) (effective for all purchase orders issued on or after 2/11/2016) (English)
- RTI Purchase Order Terms & Conditions (v1.12); (effective for all purchase orders issued between 12/17/2015 and 2/11/2016) (English) (Bahasa) (French) (Spanish)
In the event it is necessary to issue a standalone subcontract, these Terms and Conditions shall be utilized. The Terms and Conditions are written for inclusion into a subcontract; however, they also apply to Subawards issued under Federal Grants and Cooperative Agreements. In such cases, "Subgrantee" or "Subrecipient" should be substituted for "Subcontractor," "Subgrant" or "SubAgreement" should be substituted for "Subcontract," etc.
These Terms represent the standard contractual provisions normally found in subcontracts issued by RTI, whether federally or commercially funded. Any particular subcontract may contain different and/or additional provisions appropriate to the particular type and size of subcontract being issued, and may include additional clauses required by RTI's Federal or commercial Client.
These Terms are subject to changes based on requirements in the prime contract under which the subcontract will be issued.
Consulting Services Contracts
When engaging an individual researcher, the Terms and Conditions are written for inclusion into a Consulting Services Contract.
- RTI Master Consulting Services Contract Terms & Conditions, Version 1.11
- RTI Standard Consulting Services Contract Terms & Conditions, Version 1.11
Federal Prime Contract Flow-Down Terms and Conditions
It is RTI’s policy to ensure that all required and applicable prime contract flow-down terms and conditions are incorporated into procurements that support RTI’s Federal prime contracts.
When utilizing the terms and conditions set forth below, RTI shall notify Vendor/Consultant/Subcontractor regarding which set of terms and conditions are applicable to an individual Purchase Order, Consultant Contract or Subcontract.
The terms and conditions set forth below are not inclusive of the required flow-down terms and conditions for every procurement action. Thus, additional terms and conditions may be applicable to an individual Purchase Order, Consultant Contract or Subcontract as specified therein.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Clauses v2.0 – effective for agreements issued on or after 3/2/2015
- FAR Clauses v1.0 – effective for agreements issued between 10/1/2014 and 3/1/2015
- FAR Clauses for Commercial Items v2.0 – effective for agreements issued on or after 3/2/2015
- FAR Clauses for Commercial Items v1.0 – effective for applicable agreements issued between 10/1/2014 and 3/1/2015
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) Clauses v1.0 – effective for agreements issued on or after 10/1/2014